Saturday, April 25, 2015

Savannah's Birth Story Part 3

A very special part to Savannah's birth story was the moment that she would meet her big sister. Selah understood, as best as a 23 month old could understand, that there was a baby in my tummy and her name was "Nana" (her version of Savannah).  

I wrote in a previous post about not understanding how you could love another child as much as you love your first.  I've heard it can take a little while to bond with your second child and that it's completely normal and certainly doesn't make you a bad parent.  
Minutes before leaving for the hospital, I was hit with a wall of emotion.  It was about time for Selah to go to bed.  The next time I would see her, we would be a family of four.  She would no longer be my one and only baby girl.  I began to cry as I pulled her in for one last hug.  I cannot even express the love I have for that little girl.  What parents say is true... I never understood this kind of deep love before I had Selah.  It's impossible to understand unless you experience it first hand... and furthermore, it's hard to even describe.  

For so many months, I had been thinking of the moment my two girls would meet.  When we found out we were having another girl, I was ecstatic!  I have prayed our girls will become wonderful friends and can experience special moments together as sisters.

Selah LOVES her little sister.  She wants to hold her first thing every morning.  She loves giving her kisses.  She becomes very concerned for her when she cries.  She is a big helper to mommy and helps bring diaper wipes and throw away diapers.  I think they'll be great buddies.  This warms and melts this mama's heart.

I love my girls with all my heart.















IMG 1883 from Ashley Redelman on Vimeo.

1 comment: